See our new Rare Earth on-line store - Click Here
Rare Earth opened its first shop on the Ashland Plaza in 1969 selling records, handmade candles and imports. By 1972 the store relocated to a larger space a few doors down. With young friends rooted in the 60’s and the eclectic groovy community, Rare Earth quickly became an Ashland icon selling imports, jewelry, clothing and was known for its large music department. The story grew as Rare Earth opened stores in Grants Pass, Medford and Eugene. By 1987 those stores were retired and in the decade of 2000 Rare Earth Ashland enjoyed a move and new renovation to our historic Perrine’s Building where we eventually retired it at the end of 2010.
After retiring our large store on the Ashland Plaza, the idea of a small neighborhood shop was exciting. The return to our roots and the fun Rare Earth could offer had us building yet another Rare Earth story.
Our neighborhood shop in Ashland’s Historic Railroad District reflects that desire of fun with favorite specialty items, and music in the air. Rare Earth is a place that welcomes community and friends. It’s an amazing shop! And Yes! It still smells like Rare Earth!
* Hours: Mon - Sat 11-5:30pm, Sun 12 - 4:30pm
* We have parking!
~ Rare Earth Trends ~
- Music DVD's: full concert DVD's!
- Candles, Incense, Oils: scented candles, votives, assorted holders, full assorted nag champa incense, amber resin, dhoop incense, burners, incense matches, palo santo, sweet grass, taper candles, sage, lavender, doTERRA oils, Medicine Flower oils
- Paper Goods: cards, posters, journals, book boxes, Laura Burch journals, classic art, buttons, patches
- Imports: Fans, Budha's, lanterns, scrolls, parasols, bamboo & metal chimes, wood boxes, Tibetan furniture, carved chests, carved cork from China, good luck kitties, snuff bottles, Terracotta, lotus prayer flags, rosewood boxes, thura wood boxes, dreamcatchers, artisan stained glass, Tibetan prayer flags, flower of life, sacred geometry, satin bags, hookahs
- Housewares: blown glass, glassware, oriental teapots, saki sets, asian dishware, woks, magnets, designer pottery mugs, collectible salt & pepper shakers, tiffany lamps, Turkish lamps, Moroccan lamps, vases, tin signs, sun catcher stained glass, blown glassware, shot glasses, noodle bowls, chopsticks, colored bottles, Laura Burch mugs, Mara mugs, Quotable mugs, pottery garden pots, diffusers
- Jewelry: Opal necklaces, largest selection of turquoise in Southern Oregon, high quality turquoise cuffs, handcrafted vintage turquoise jewelry, old pawn turquoise, Boma, LuLu Rose, sterling silver chain, rings, huge variety of gorgeous jewelry, jewelry boxes, gold and silver hoops, vermeil, nose rings, toe rings, Tibetan earrings, Tibetan necklaces, malas
- Misc.: mix gem stones, Gem grade opal, turquoise Beads, cloisonne, natural stone, amethyst, moonstone, labradorite, tiger eye, jasper, agate, spheres, quartz malachite, lapis, rocks, crystals, old Chinese porcelain & statues, antiquarian turquoise collectible jewelry, kayanite, mineral specimens, colored quartz spheres, crystal points, pietersite, rose quartz, green onyx, chrysocolla, iron pyrite, citrine, natural stone massage wands, cabochons, all from Peru, China, India, Brazil, Pakistan, Afghanistan, citrine, natural stone massage wands, turquoise, amethyst points, hearts, cabochons, geodes, tourmaline, singing bowls, gemstone cabochons, natural stone cabochons
- Bath Products: Terra Nova, Kama Sutra, Kiss My Face, Zum, scented soaps & crystals, bath toys for kids, shea butter, aromatherapy, and massage oils, lip balm, Naked Bee, Auric Blends, Estrella soaps, bath salts, Lavender Ranch, India henna, dark henna cones
- Rugs & Tapestries: largest selection of tapestries in the Northwest, Persian Design floor rugs, Indian tapestries, Grateful Dead, batik, novelty, hippie tapestries, veggie-dye rugs, Nepal rugs, Tibetan rugs, Moroccan rugs
- Toys: Collectible toys and novelties
- Clothing: hip trendy style, cami and basics, baja shirts, mitts, mucks, boutique dresses, shorts, denim, linens, sarongs, leggings, tunics, crochet, embroidery, lace, cotton, boho, yoga wear, sport wear, dance wear, active wear, ballet leotards, ballet supply
- Accessories: hats, scarves, sunglasses, shoulder bags, back packs and imported book bags, headbands, bandannas, messenger bags, Guatemalan bags, Nepal bags, hair beads, hair slides, Moroccan leather wallets, Italian Leather wallets, Moroccan leather hand bags, leather bracelets
- Shoes: Boots, sandals, flats, maryjanes, China flats, Rocket Dog, Soda
- Tibetan furniture, Old Tibetan Embroidery Art, textiles and Tibetan flags, porcelain pots, cinnabar Tibetan ceremonial dress, colored glass crystals
~ Dollar Value Priced - In Beautiful Ashland ~